Help me (Again!)

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Alex Wright, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Hi,

I going to have all of the course materials that I need to start my self studying for the CompTIA A+ exam next week. I was wondering if doing some sort of foundation web design course alongside this would be too much.

I have a little experience using Dreamweaver 5 where I briefly used HTML. The problem with web design that I'm finding is that there aren't really any certifications. Where does one start, what are the exams and what material should I be looking to by taking into consideration the fact that I'm going to be doing this sat in front of my computer at home with no help from any tutors etc.

I know there have been similar posts on this thread before so please accept my apologies. Your help is appreciated as always.

Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

mate - i think it may be easier to stick with 1 exam at a time... are you in a hurry?

3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Gona agree with Cheek here and say take one step at a time, there's no hurry in life.

Perhaps when you've been in IT and have loads of experience then taking on two courses may be possible, but when you're just starting out stick to one thing so that you don't end up confusing yourself.

8)

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree with what's been said in response to your question, Alex. Don't put too much on your plate. You will find yourself overwhelmed. Stick with one subject at a time.

As for there not being any web designer/developer certs; that's not really true. We have a Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) forum here at CF. You can find out more about this certification at ciwcertified.com.

I've taken a look at the different cert paths for the CIW and they seem quite challenging. Stick with the A+ at this point and then plan your next move. Cheers. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+