Help desk institute?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shaido7, Jan 4, 2011.

1. shaido7

shaido7 New Member

Found this link http://www.thinkhdi.com/certification/customersupportrep.aspx

Does anyone know if there is recognized help desk training that company's look for outside of any Microsoft certs?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The Helpdesk Institute is also known as the Servicedesk Institute (within Europe).

The Comptia A+, Network+ and the MCDST along with the Vista/Win 7 versions are the most common form of technical training recognised. However that doesn't mean that's the only training wanted or needed.

Customer service training/skills are also very much desired.

Personally in the UK I have only seen a handful of jobs listing HDI/SDI certs as a desirable qualification over the years, this may be different in the US as Microsoft was going to use HDI/SDI certs within one of their own MCITP programs, so they may have a bigger market over there.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security