1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - certification direction needed!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by dwair, Feb 8, 2008.

1. dwair

dwair New Member

Hi

I’m looking for some certification direction.

I have 15 years commercial experience in ASP / MS-SQL web development, no formal training or certification. (jack of all - master of none) I also have some experience setting up and running of Win 2003 / SQL 2000 & 2005 in various environments

Having had a look at the MS Cert site I have become a little confused as to which certs lead to which qualifications and how they all interlink. There used to be (several years ago) a page with a flow chart on it that visually explained this but it seems to disappeared. My end goal is to finish up with as many certs as possible in .Net / SQL/2003 but can’t seem to see a clear path forward or how the various exams overlap.

At the moment I have come up with the following structure but I can’t really work out what it could lead to in terms of qualifications or career development - ultimately I want to build bigger and more complex data driven websites and build on my own CMS design / development experience
    MCPD Web Developer
    MCITP Admin
    MCITP Developer
    ?? what would come next…

Is this feasible / sensible – does anyone have any other ideas?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

*BUMP*