help and advice needed!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Nam, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Nam

Nam New Member

I would like to know how good or bad is it to join the open university courses??i looked up this course in web applications development which has a total of 6 sub courses..sounded interresting..but how far is is this going to help me fetch a job and are certificates provided by the OU recognised in the industry?..also,are certificates given by the w3schools good enough??:cry:

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Do the course for the stuff you will learn, not the paper and you will come out a winner.

Being able to prove to employers you can do the job on paper and in an interview and then on the job is what counts. This also includes soft skills.

The OU is fairly well recognised in the UK, probably more so than many other place's certificates, diplomas or certifications.

The cost of most OU courses is quite reasonable, so you can try one and see what you think.

Your other post mentions you have a BSc (Hons) degree ? If so I doubt OU courses at undergrad level will make you any more attractive to an employer.

Its all about getting out there and putting yourself about. There is record unemployment at the moment in the UK, its the worst for 11 years, the worst for young people for 16 years, many young UK graduates cannot find work, ironically your chances of getting a job may be better in India.

If you do choose further study, I would look at postgrad courses in the country where you want to work.