Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Jamal89, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Jamal89

Jamal89 New Member

Hello! I am new to the group and interested in pursuing a job in the IT field. I have taken a course or two in the past and put off getting my A+ cert for the longest time. Now I'm kicking myself and feel a little lost on where to start to get the ball rolling on how to get my foot in the door. I am currently re-learning the information to get my a+ cert and trying to learn programming in the limited amount of time that I have.

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi @Jamal89 welcome to CF! don't feel bad mate I've put of doing the A+ for 3 years lol.. I do however work in IT so there is definitely more than one option of getting your foot in the door. You mention you're learning programming, is it a programming job you're after or more of a support role? I do think it's best to focus on one thing IMO.. as the old saying goes "jack of all trades, master of none". That's just my opinion though, take it with a pinch of salt.

3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Jamal89

Jamal89 New Member

Thanks! To be honest with you i'm not sure... Programming seems fun because I love learning how things work and seeing something start from an idea becoming something real. But I do like working on computers and solving problems. I currently have an account at udemy to study while I'm at work and have down time which is few and far between. I'm just trying to figure out the path that is best. I've heard so many things from others and they all seem interesting, but that's the issue. I kind of figure starting with my A+ would be the best bet because of the training I had 8+ yrs ago. I know things in the industry change quite frequently like the comptia A+ going from the 801 and 802 to the 901 to 902 here in June.

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Welcome to the forum :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security