hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gauru, Jun 19, 2015.

1. gauru

gauru Gauru

hi
    kudos for having such a nice community up here!!

Let me introduce myself briefly
    I am from India. I graduated in IT in 2003. I was good in java; c etc. But somehow I ended up doing MBA and was working in sales in a reputed paint company from India. I worked in that company for 7
    years.
    This month I have moved permanently to London(East). In UK I want to switch my career to IT.

I was considering joining a certification training which also offered job guarantee but after reading through many threads at certforums, I have decided to self study.

After Going through earlier threads I have decided to study for some basic java certification and A+.
    After that I would like to have a online portfolio and put some of my future projects there.

I plan to work somewhere while I do this. Hopefully I will be putting 20 hrs a week in the above pursuit.

All your suggestions and helps are welcome.

Looking forward get and provide support on this forum.

WIP: A+
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi garu welcome, what java cert are you looking into?

3. gauru

gauru Gauru

@Juelz ..Maybe some basic java certification for beginners....if there is any...i am not sure yet

WIP: A+
  4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

As far as I know theres one called Oracle or something like that, but from what I've heard its not worth much to employers.

5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums good to see you here.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...