Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by MartinCoxxx, May 4, 2010.

1. MartinCoxxx

MartinCoxxx New Member

Hi Folks

Just joined up a few moments ago after finding this site, seems to be a lot of good / useful content on here that could come in handy whilst trying to study for the MCSE.

I started the MCSE in 2005, but after taking 1 exam (70-270), I stopped, partly because I had to fund it myself and couldn't really afford. After that I didn't give much thought to getting the cert done. I'm now looking to get the MCSE done and dusted, the sooner the better. I'm hoping to take an exam every 3 weeks or so, starting with 70-291 which I'll sit on 21/05.

I know the MCSE exams are to be retired in October? But I thought if I can get this completed quick enough, I can then use the upgrade path to MCITP etc?

I'm currently just using the MCSE Training Kit to revise for the MCSE, along with some VMs on a spare ESX box, I think that's all I need for now. Unless anyone has any decent recommendations? I work as a Windows Admin, and have done for the last 5 years, so I work with this stuff day in, day out, so I'm hoping it should be fairly straight forward.

Is 3 weeks realistic for this? What everyone's views on this? I see a lot of people allocating a months / several months for an exam, but are these mainly people who don't have industry experience, don't use this stuff everyday? I just hope I'm not being too ambitious with it.

Anyway, wish me luck.

Thanks

Martin

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA, MCSE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've not heard any indication of this from Microsoft. Do you have a link?

Everyone is different. Some people need no study time at all; others need months (or years).

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!