Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gosh1976, Oct 1, 2009.

1. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I've been lurking around for a little so I thought I would go ahead and say hello!

I've decided to try and get back into the IT industry. I worked in IT for a few years mostly doing phone support for DSL customers. I am A+ certified but that cert is a good 10 years old now. I think I am going to update my A+ certification and then go ahead and get the N+. I'll be scheduling the A+ pretty soon as I've been studying for a while now and most of the material was review anyway. I'm not really sure what direction I want to go in and I'm no spring chicken anymore (not an old man either!)

Hopefully I can get my foot back in the door in the industry and figure out a good path. Upgrading memory, changing out a power supply, and cleaning some viruses here and there along with my current job is getting me nowhere fast!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! I think you've got a good starting point with the A+ and the Net+. I'd also recommend getting the MCDST from Microsoft. Those are the typically places to start.

3. mindchecker

mindchecker New Member

Welcome brother..:)

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

You've already got the A+, why do it again? Comptia certs do not expire (the objectives do). I'd recommend just going for the Network+ and the MCDST :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Well I have the A+ listed on my resume/CV now but I thought it might help if asked by a prospective employer about when I took the A+ if the objectives had a little less win 98, ISA and IRQ's and a little more practical application, SATA, and PCIe.

I guess it may be unnecessary but I'm sure it won't hurt other than in my wallet!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good advice above. Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!