Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by davymatt, Sep 12, 2009.

1. davymatt

davymatt New Member

Hi nice to meet you all. I am CCNA Certified and i am hoping to get my mcp but would like some help getting there.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-271
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Hello!

Which MCP? How long have you been in the IT field? What are your primary qualifications? etc... etc... The more we know, the better we can help :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. davymatt

davymatt New Member

My background is i am a photocopier engineer and i install the mfp devices on networks i have become more intregued of the bigger picture to IT. I took the a+ course about 8 year ago didnt take the exam but since then i have built a few pc's and installed and repaired computers mainly for friends and family. But now i feel the need to become qualified i have been reading the ms 70-271 training kit i also have the 70-272 kit aswell i hopefully like to progress and become mcp qualified. My main qualification is the ccna 640-801.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
    Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-271
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

You'll find that most people on this forum would recommend you pass the A+, maybe get an N+ as well, and yes, the MCDST (271 and 272) is a good enough way to get a foot in the door in IT support.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I was involved in the same stuff many moons ago, when the Ricoh Aficio equipment was first launched in the UK. It is a good grounding and will blend well with your studies to become MCP.

By the way you only need to pass one exam to be MCP, typically the client exam for XP.

Welcome to CF mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)