Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by abeshoori, Jun 22, 2009.

1. abeshoori

abeshoori New Member

Hello all,

I'm currently living in England, working at a school as a supply teacher. I'm about to start my move into I.T. (hopefully) by studying for my MCDST over summer. I'm going to be doing this myself from home on a full time basis for around 6 weeks and then start applying for entry level jobs.

Sounds so easy when I say it like that...

Anyway, glad to be here - sounds like there's a wealth of knowledge floating around on here!

Ameel :D

WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

How come the move in IT, especially in this climate?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome:)

Good luck with the studies:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. abeshoori

abeshoori New Member

Hmm, yes good question...

I'm coming to the end of my contract at work, and if I take another job doing the same thing I'm doing now, I'm liable to implode. Seems like I should just take fate's hint and start doing what I want to do now, regardless of the climate. I know I'll be starting at the bottom of the pile, but I'm more than willing to do that.

I was thinking of doing some work for free for a local computer technician who used to work on my computers when I was a kid. Do you think this would be beneficial on my CV, coupled up with the fact that I put myself through my MCDST? I'm just hoping that those two things would show a determination and drive, a most of all willingness to learn!

Ameel :)

WIP: MCDST
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!