Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by slr, May 21, 2009.

1. slr

slr Bit Poster

Hi everyone!

I have been using the forums for awhile now, for information and advice which has been great, so I would like to thank everyone for that!

I finally decided to sign up as I am now studying for my MCDST (70-271 first), using the MSPress books and the VTC.com videos, which I would recommend as its well laid out and gets to the point.

A little about me, I am 24 and been into computers since I had my 486 with windows 3.1 :D. I am currently an IT Technician for a 30 person company touching on a few areas such as looking after the servers, desktop support, keeping the websites updated and also using MS-SQL for reports.

My reason for starting off with the MCDST, well I think its time for me to pick an area to focus on and get some qualifications to prove not only to myself, but to future employers I can do it. I am hoping after the MCDST I will be able to make a decision to move onto the MCSA or maybe over to network/database's

My first bit of advice to ask (if i may)- To make sure I do keep my head down and study, and do not get side tracked, would anyone recommend setting an exam date now with the microsoft second chance offer as something to keep me focused?

Thanks =)

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSA:2012
  2. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Yes, book the exam and get studying! :D

Without the exam date looming, studying can very quickly become a second, third, forth priority.

Good luck!

Mercury

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Try it, if it works :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Welcome to the forum :biggrin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. slr

slr Bit Poster

Thanks for the Welcome's and the advice.

Just to say, I took ago on the readiness suite and scored 55%. I need to work on a few areas such as permissions and un-attended installations, but I did book the exam with the 2nd chance voucher for next wednesday 27th.

Thanks again and I will post an update on how I get on

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSA:2012
  7. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello & welcome to CF.:D

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+