Hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Neil351, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Neil351

Neil351 New Member

Hello everyone.

Had an interviev yesterday with a training provider and was accepted. Before agreeing to anything I decided to do some research. During this research I stumbled accross this forum. :)

I have been in college for three years studying electronic engineering and have gained many qualifications, but I am stuck in a position where I can't get a job because I have no experience :( With the training provider I feel that the risk of this happening again is to high.

I have decided to go down the self learning route, which is something that I had not even heard about before coming here.

Thank you to everyone in this forum for helping make this decision.

WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the studies.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I would try and get a job based on your existing quals if you can and then continue to cross train. If you have an electronics degree there are probably many IT related companies that might be interested if you are prepared to relocate.

Best of luck ! :D

5. Neil351

Neil351 New Member

The last qualification that I was studying for was an HNC, but had to quit after the first year because of financial problems. I'm getting married in six weeks and have a baby due in June :biggrin so relocating at the moment isn't a good idea for me.

Never thought my current qualifications could get me into IT.

I really want to get into IT. I can see a goal at the end of this. Which is something I never had with my previous studies. Even if it is a low paid first line job, it's more of a goal than I had before.

Thanks for the advice.

WIP: CompTIA A+
  6. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello & Welcome to CF.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+