Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by phatboy, Jan 3, 2008.

1. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Hi
    I just found this forum today!
    I currently hold to MCP's - 70-270 and 70-290

I am now going down a Cisco route, and have my CCENT (ICND1) exam booked for 7th February

Hopefully this is the right place, but would anyone in the know comment on whether my Lab setup is up to it?

2x 2513 routers
    1x 2601 router
    2x 2950-12 switches (on order at the moment)

I did have 2x 2900XL switches, but they didnt support SSH, selecting port ranges, and the port security commands are all different

Thanks!!

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Phatboy and welcome to CF:) just out of curiosity noticed you started with the MCP route and then dished this and now cisco? Anyway, for the CCENT I think you have an over kill lab setup and very impressive too:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. phatboy

phatboy Nibble Poster

Yeah I started down the MCP route, mainly because they were beneficial for my job.
    In them I was quite interested in the subnetting and other basic network stuff, so started chattin to the network guys at work and found what they were doing interesting.

One of them recommended I should look at the CCENT. I looked at the course, and now here I am, lol!

Glad my lab is up to scratch then! Worth the money I hope, and it should all be good for the CCNA and beyond?
    I was recommended the 2900 switches by a seller on eBay who does labs. Unfortunatly these arent up to the new IOS standards and have limited and frustrated me!

Im very young in my Cisco career, but unlike the Microsoft stuff, this fasinates me and I find I've been reading for 2 hours sometimes without noticing. Time flies even more when messing on a switch!! Routers is next weeks study......

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCA 5.0, MCP 70-290 70-270 70-431
    WIP: CCNP R&S, CCNA Wireless
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Hi, glad you joined.

Good luck with your Cisco studies.

- Alex

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  8. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

welcome

Certifications: A+, Network+