Hello

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Luton Bee, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

First in here, can I claim my prize?!!!

Well this is where I am at the moment, studying for 218 and finding it harder that I probably should. Anyone got any tips or hints for this exam? I am expecting questions in GPO's, NTFS and share permissions. DHCP, DNS and IP subnetting, am I in the right area?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi Luton Bee, you look to be hitting the right areas, don't skimp on DNS, microsoft loves to ask questions on DNS, every exam. I'm convinced if they did xbox certs they'd find a way of slipping a few DNS questions in :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

When do you plan to sit the exam?

I thought it was 11 people who knew binary - some do, some don't & some don't care.

4. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

Good to see I'll not be alone on studying for this one. I must admit that I've got a bit sidetracked with a couple of MOS courses and also the Exchange course last week. Once I've had my first pass of the Exchange MOC I'll be getting stuck into the 218 whilst the exchange stuff starts to sink in.

Which MCPs have you covered so far Luton ? From what I hear this is like a mini 216 with IIS and a few bits from 215 & 217 thrown in for good measure.

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  5. Luton Bee

First off thanks for the replys and suggestions on what to expect. I'm hoping to take it about 2/3 weeks although anytime before the end of August will suit. I currently hold a 270 and a 215 to go with the Comptia Network and A +'s.

6. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Good Luck for when you do

I'll just get back to my CCNA stuff

7. markim

markim New Member

Hi Barry,

Hows it going mate?

It seems ages since we were on the Net+ workshop.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to do a lot of studying recently. Bloody home improvements, lovely weather and an impending holiday in the sun doesn't do a lot to get you in the studying mode :D

Still after the holiday, I hope to get back up to speed. What I have done on the 218 I've quite enjoyed so it shouldn't be to hard to get back in the swing!!

Best of luck with the exam

Mark

8. Luton Bee

Hi Mark

I'll be sending you something in the post soon, just as soon as I get round to sorting it out that is. I'm not doing too badly, on my second read of the book and feeling sort of confident. Can't help thinking I really should feel more confident having done 270 and 215 but I'm sure i'll get there. I have booked the exam already to give myself a target I sit it on the 12th Sept.

9. markim

markim New Member

Best of luck on the exam mate,

I shall just about be back from my hols by then,

It'll be a walk in the park for you!!!

Mark

10. markim

markim New Member

Anyone having trouble with the Profile page of this site?

Try to edit my profile and just get the old "This page cannot be displayed"

Perhaps it's trying to tell me something :lol:

Mark