Hello!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mosab_uk, Sep 12, 2006.

1. mosab_uk

mosab_uk Bit Poster

Hi people, first time ive posted here, so thought an introduction of myself would be helpful :rolleyes:
    ...My name's Mosab, born in Manchester, England in 1988 – I’m 18, for those that are unsure.
    I’ve been living in Leeds now for well over 13 years.
    I had attempted my A-Levels last year, however now I’m going the Cisco way!

My first course will commence on the 21st September (not long!:oops: ) and ill be doing IT Essentials 1 (to prepare for CompTIA A+ cert.). This will last till January, when I will then hopefully be taking up Cisco CCNA Semesters 1-4, and IT Essentials 2 (to prepare for CompTIA Server+ cert.) which will last a year.
    After this, I think I will be ready enough to take up the challenge of Cisco CCNP Semesters 2 & 4, which lasts only 15 weeks :unsure !

I am taking these courses at a college in Leeds (pricey i must say), attending classes only once a week on each course (how it is), and so I guess the rest is down to my home study! - and that is why I thought that signing up to this forum could be a great deal of help for me, as I try hard to work my way up to these certifications.
    And once I gain enough knowledge, I hope to be a great deal of help for those who may need it afterwards :oops: .

Wish me luck!

Mosab

WIP: Cisco
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Welcome Mosab:biggrin

I was wondering how many hours/days a week do you attend college?

Also do the tutors use software such as learnkey or transcender for A+ study?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. mosab_uk

mosab_uk Bit Poster

Thanks guys!
    - I'll be attending college once a week, every thursday evenings starting at 5:45 – 9:15... ..PM:dry (had to be said!)
    ...i was thinking of working full-time during this course, as the times permit me to do so. Would you think that's such a bad idea? - would you recommend i do part-time?

as i havnt started the course yet (21st!), im not quite sure what programs they use, and they dont note it down in the course description either... ill deffinately let you know though!

Thanks again,

- Mossy

5. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF..8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  6. mosab_uk

mosab_uk Bit Poster

thanks mate! :oops:

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Personally I think it comes down to time management. If you can do a full time job with part time study go for it!
    But, if you want to get Certified in a hurry and can't wait, then maybe you should save as much money as you can or get a loan go full time and do a part time job!8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. mosab_uk

mosab_uk Bit Poster

ide love to go full-time, but apparently the college i am attending here in leeds is the only CCNA and other cisco certs college in leeds! - and they only have part-time courses on offer :(

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. mosab_uk

mosab_uk Bit Poster

thanks nugget!