Hello to everyone!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by francisco, Jun 16, 2008.

1. francisco

francisco New Member

Hello to all that use this site..

I have been checking the forums for the last 4 weeks and I think its a brilliant way to know was going on at the moment in the IT industry.I have been trying to get back to work in the field but I couldn't find the way yet.My background is as IT technician/field engineer(A+ stuff) back in my country 7 years ago(no UK experiance yet).Then I came here to England and I decided to have a go again given my background and technical experience.I did CCNA with the Cisco Networking Academy for almost 6 months(online course) back in 2005,,lots of theory and practical labs,I tried the big exam but I failed so no Industry certified yet.Learning know Microsoft XP(70-270)exam,reading A+,N+ and MS Windows
    server 2003 and some Linux stuff.I have got 5 interviews so far this years with big companies like Inmarsat,NTT Europe,McAfee,etc but because of lack of experience in the UK,no driving licence and perhaps no exceptional communications skills, I have been unsuccessfull.Now I have been trying to find a volunteer or placement position where hopefully I can gain some practical experience in a work envioroment and I have been still applying for entry level jobs too.

I wish you to all that are still trying to get there lots of luck!!!

Thank you..

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, glad you've joined :) One thing that I may recommend is to complete one track of study first before trying to do another. Eg: Study the A+ first, finish that, then do the Network+, etc...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum…

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster