hello there

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mallyooh, Mar 22, 2006.

1. mallyooh

mallyooh New Member

just started A+,N+,CCNA course and glad to find a site where people are in the same boat.

Certifications: HNC Computing
    WIP: A+, N+, CCNA
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Hi mate,

Welcome to CF.

A+, N+, CCNA! Thats quite a big bite, think you should either do A+, N+ and then CCNA, CCNA is quite big!, but it all depends on how much you already know...

Whats your background?

3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! 8) and good luck with the certs!

You studying with a training provider?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. mallyooh

mallyooh New Member

yeah its a big bite but i have opted to go with skills train to do the course, so they take you through the A+ and N+ first. ive seen a few bad reports about them since i joined up - hope they are not cowboys. My IT background is fairly limited in work experience terms but i have been building and repairing pc's for friends and family for a number of years. I did an HNC in computing a few years ago but went travelling immediately afterwards so i never got a job out of it, hoping this course will get my foot back in the door.

6. Mr.Cheeks

When you say you do A+ and N+ first, do you actually take the compTIA exams or are your training provider giving you prepping you for the cisco course using a+/n+ info?

7. mallyooh

mallyooh New Member

you take the exams. apparently they are included in the cost of the course, although there is some confusion around that. You pay for the exams yourself and are then re-imbursed at a later date. sounds strange but i saw a post in another thread by someone who had actually recieved the repayment. so fingers crossed.

8. Mr.Cheeks

wow, now thats a route i haven't heard of, i mean, i always thought training providers dont courses like that, though you had to do them one at a time, you paying each one individually...

Could i ask how much this cost??? my estimate it may be around £7k?

9. mallyooh

mallyooh New Member

no they provide the training for all three which you are meant to complete over a period of three years (sooner hopefully). The total cost was around £2800 given to you on credit interest free which you pay back at around £18 a week. My only concern is getting the examinations fees re-imbursed. you do each part of the course one at a time obviously and work up to the CCNA. Not sure how amazing the quality of the learning material is mind you, although i have only just started and im fairly familiar with the A+ material i have looked at so far.

10. Mr.Cheeks

£2800 seems extremely cheap compared to the prices of the other providers out there, plus you have 3 courses for that, but one question, is there a time scale for you to complete all 3?

A+ should be fairly easy as you already have some I.T. background
    N+ if you have done networking aswell, that should be ok...
    and then CISCO CCNA, i thinK you only need to complete the first 1 of the five stages to be CCNA, and to complete the other 4 to be CCNP. ...I think

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Welcome :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  13. Tyler D