Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by NorthernSilver, Oct 10, 2011.

1. NorthernSilver

NorthernSilver New Member

Hello Everybody

My name is NorthernSilver and I stumbled on this site looking for information on Training Providers. Reading through some of the posts made me join up to seek knowledge and offer some of my own.

My subject interests are C#, A+ & Web Development.

I've been messing around with computers since early 97 but that was mainly Gaming, the last year or so I’ve put the games away and have been using my computer for more useful pursuits.

The company I work for has hinted at voluntary and compulsory redundancies and fear I have about 5 years to pull my proverbial finger out and get certified! My current job has nothing to do with computers apart from reading the odd gloomy email.

Northern Silver

WIP: A+
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome! You'll find a lot of knowledgeable people here. Good luck in your studies!

3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF NorthernSilver!

You've come to the right place, all three routes you are interested in are quite different paths so where would you like to start?

8)

A+ - computer maintenance, technician, server administrator, networking.
    Web Design - designing, Photoshopping, coding.
    c# - Programming, games, software and other applications. Could go on to other langauges, target specific audiences (example iPhone).

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. NorthernSilver

NorthernSilver New Member

See thats the cross road I'm at. I'm currently playing around in Dreaweaver and I really enjoy that, although I haven't published a working website yet.

In work i'm the guy everyone comes crawling to when they have some pc related problem and that has diminished my love of tinkering with the hardware side. Normally they mess the machine back up and they're back again.

As for the programming, that's something I have just started to play with simple notepad applications etc..

WIP: A+
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA