Hello there

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by KirkIT Mark, Aug 23, 2010.

1. KirkIT Mark

KirkIT Mark New Member

Hello everybody.

I discovered this forum after doing a search in Google with regards to certification via Firebrand. Thankfully the advice on here has convinced me to use the self-learning and experience I already have :)

In short I have worked in IT for around 20 years and .Net since 1.1 as a C#/ASP.Net developer.

My primary skill is with the development of the Agresso Business World platform and it is within this arena that I am a contractor.

I feel it is essential to get certification completed hence it is my intention to get the respective MCTS's and MCPD completed over the next twelve months.

Besides the text books and online material, I find the uCertify examinations very useful albeit they tend to highlight your weaknesses with ease :)

Look forward to chatting online with you.

M :)

2. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome aboard! :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

What advice did you glean from here that persuaded you to dismiss Firebrand? the only reason I ask is that I have attended a couple of courses with them and have nothing but praise for them.

I for one am no good at the whole self learning thing (although like you I have a number of years experience in the IT Industry) and have discovered that doing short intensive courses like those offered by Firebrand offer me a greater opportunity than if I spent months self studying. I also know that come the end of my current contract I will be going back to Firebrand for more training (MCITP:VA), why? because it's easier to do it in a couple of weeks, between contracts, than to come home after a long day at work (I commute 3+ hours a day by car), spend some time with my family (I have a 3.5 year old son who wants to spend time with his daddy, not to mention a wife who would like to see her husband occasionally) and generally just relax.

My advice for anyone wanting to go to a training provider? don't just dismiss it out of hand, look at what you want, what they offer and whether it's good for both of you. If you have the skills to do the course and pass the exams and need something to just let you do it then a short intensive course can be just the thing, however if you're new to the whole subject matter then a Training Provider isn't for you.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA