Hello there

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by LSpace, Aug 28, 2003.

1. LSpace

LSpace New Member

Hellooo,
    Boy, it was nice to find this forum after trawling through all the bitching on the US sites like alt.certification....... etc. A breath of fresh air.
    I am currently out of the country but due to return shortly and am looking to move into IT (having been an user for more years than I care to mention - I think I still have my ZX81 somewhere :eek: ).
    I'm going to be looking for some advice on the best route forward for me with regard to getting my foot in the door and getting some qualifications under my belt. Should I post such queries in here on on one of the other forums ? Mainly looking for the best route to obtain such quals and their value in landing a starting job.
    Again, nice to meet you all.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum Neil,

I hope you stay with us, which ever route you decide to take on your journey into IT.

As for your questions relating to the best route to take, it would depend on what area of IT is your main interest, alot of people on this site are working towards there MCSE, we have some Web design people here and 1 or 2 MOUS/M too, It also depends on how much you want to spend on getting your certifications, you could post in 'The Lounge' area of the forum with a few more details and I am sure that everyone here will give lots of good advice/info on ways to start you of on your way up the certification ladder, It's a struggle at times but then again thats why this site was created, to help everyone along the way.

As a matter of interest we would like to draw you attention to the following thread, most of the people on this site have added there little bit about themselves so you can learn a little about everyone here by reading it and if you want to, you can add a little about yourself

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139

Hope you stick around Neil

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Welcome Neil

This site is full of very helpfull people and just about any question you care to come up will get answered by someone. As Nelix suggests the certification route depends on what your "end game" is and how much mula you want to become detached from!!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Neil

Welcome to out part of the datasphere...

Maybe we could network our ZX81's some time !!!

5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

:newbie

Welcome the CertForums LSpace, Nelix and Luton about summed it up about chooesing your route in IT, the only thing that I could add is that I'm sure if you ask for advice then you'll get it.

Again welcome and hope we get the chance to again soon and dont forget to rop a post in the thread Nelix mentioned http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139

Si

:drummer

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, LSpace.
    Are you guys as old as I am??? :eek:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I am a child of the sixtys

8. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Welcome LSpace!!!

So what are the American sites like then as I have only joined this forum??

I look forward to speaking with you more in the near future!

:curtain

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  9. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome LSpace.

I'm flex and I'm a certified CertForumaholic.

Or am I just certified :rendeer

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Neil - welcome again, and it's good to have you here !

I'd recommend you take a day or two to browse the various Forums we have here, ie General Microsoft (including sub-forums for named exams), and the more wide-ranging Network, Hardware or Software Forums for all the problems/questions you have in these areas.

Then, there's the Lounge, and Just for Laughs - a couple of rather irreverant and very poorly organised ( :oops: ) places where you can just kick off, or relax - it's up to you !!!

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. LSpace

LSpace New Member

Wow, tons of replies - ta for the warm welcome.
    As requested have posted on the bio thread and have put up first of my "HELP" threads.
    TTFN
    Neil

12. brent

brent Nibble Poster

Late for the party "again" but at least somebody left me some cake.

Welcome LSpace
    :super