Hello there

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kevicho, Feb 7, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Looks like Someone beat me to the cheesy Hello world introduction :)

Bit about me and why im here.

Well ive been working in IT related roles, for almost ten years now, also done a HND (which was a waste of time) while working.
    While working in those roles i worked my socks off, for little monetary reward, so late last year i decided my career needed a shot in the arm, so i decided to sign up for a CBT course, costing a grand, which so far the course has been mixed, but using that with a combination of the microsoft press books have helped me pass 70-270 and 70-290 first time around, and in fairness introduced me to loads of stuff which self teaching without materials doesnt cover.

Previously around 2 years ago i did A+ and Network+ exams and passed both so currently I am finishing up revision for the 70-291 exam, which has been interesting, and my tactic of reading the subnet section 20 times or so has paid off :)

Finances permitting I want to fit this exam in before the end of the month, and then will be consider my options, whether to go for the MCSE core exams, or do the messaging electives, which im tempted to go with messaging, as ive done lots of exchange in the past (unfortunately the companies I worked for made me use 5.5) so I think for my future job prospects this will broaden my scope.

Outside of IT ive done various things such as set up an online store, done some NLP, and currently paying off debt, which i suppose is my 2nd hobby in life lol

Anyways, its good to be here and ive enjoyed reading a lot of the posts so far

best wishes

Kevin

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Kevin and the best of luck with the 70-291, it's a bit of a tough one. Would be worth you having a read through the Infastructure forum and seeing what some of the other beast slayers had problems with etc...

Maybe I was lucky, I only had a single question relating to subnetting on the 291, maybe others have gotten more.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Thanks, have had a lurk around the forums for about a month or so now, most of the advice is spot on so I make sure to read it :)

The subnetting was more to do with learning as opposed to just exam cramming, and as it was something id never had to do before it is a little more interesting that some of the other bits.

Thanks for the advice

Kev

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF Kev :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Welcome to CF!

WIP: A+, MCAD
  8. PhoenixAngelique

PhoenixAngelique Byte Poster

Hi there Kevin, welcome to CF and good luck with your studies. Yeah I know I beat you to the intro, shoulda joined sooner :tongue

WIP: CIW Master Website Design Manager
  9. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums...
    Looks like you are on a good path with experience. Good luck with the studies :study

10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, good luck with that exam - it's not an easy one, but with proper studying you'll do good :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

13. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF!:D

Good luck with the studies!

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA