Hello People :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by knryan82, Jun 29, 2010.

1. knryan82

knryan82 New Member

Hi all, first post so a little background info wouldn't go amiss...

Found the site a couple of years back after deciding that training provider fees were a little (a lot) on the expensive side and after talking to an Advent rep, realised he was just a bad salesman. At the time was studying with Open Uni looking towards a degree in IT and Computing but after getting a couple of lower qualifications under my belt (Cert in IT & Computing and Cert in Business) and realising just how long it would take me to finish my degree & then get on to a graduate training scheme I realised the better route to take would be through CompTIA/MSCerts.

I'm working outside of the IT sector so I am going with the advised entry level path of A+, N+, MCDST. Currently studying for my CompTIA A+ and hoping to also get my Network+ done by the end of the year too - possibly too optimistic?? Im finding the A+ a breeze so far but i know the Network+ is gonna need some harder studying.

Anyways, glad to be a part of the site :) Its been a massive help in getting me organised and planning my career so a huge thanks owed to all

WIP: CompTIA A+, Network+
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi welcome to CF, good luck with the studies!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It is certainly possible to knock out all 5 exams in 6 months... but that largely depends on you. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and good luck! Certainly try to get the A+ and Network+ done this year so you have them for life!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  5. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Hi

Welcome to CF!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  6. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Go for it I did many years ago and haven't looked back since.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  7. knryan82

knryan82 New Member

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting my teeth stuck in properly

I know its gonna be a lot of work in a short amount of time but I'm eager, determined and have plenty of experience in self study being with Open Uni prior (but where this lacks in personal tutor, it makes up in this shiny little forum full of similar and more experienced like-minded people). My original plan would've taken a little longer, but as said, if I can knock them both out by the end of the year then I'm certified for life. That gives me that little extra push :)

WIP: CompTIA A+, Network+
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Absolutely. This forum is chock-full of experienced techs, and there are a few trainers and authors here as well.

Yeah, that's only 3 exams by the end of the year. Worst-case scenario, you can get A+ and Network+ by the end of the year and do the 2 MCDST exams early 2011. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!