Hello one and all :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by C5Bocker, Jul 16, 2008.

1. C5Bocker

C5Bocker New Member

I was shown this site by a friend of mine who has registered not to long ago, so I thought I'd come take a look around :)

I am looking for away into IT but I am a bit worried about my age (31) and lack of certs, real work place experience in IT.
    The main experience I have is from being an avid gamer, mucking around with web form (mainly php, html, flash), and building rigs (although Bios does still throw up some headaches for me from time to time :P ). There are two main hurdles for me to get over, first would be confidence in my abilities and second to tie down exactly what is it I would like to do. I enjoy php and flash but i also really enjoy the hardware side.

Right that's enough waffle from me :biggrin looks like the site has a wealth of info to get reading through.

Glad to be here
    Boc

Certifications: None
    WIP: Looking around to see what I need
  2. panosd

panosd Bit Poster

Welcome to the forums!
    I'm sure just by reading 3 or 4 posts you'll have noticed that most people here recommend the A+ to start with if you're looking for entry into IT :) Personally, I recommend some call centre experience and desktop support! Either way, good luck with your travels I'm sure you'll go far.

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Aha ! Another from Deepest Darkest Darzet !

Welcome to the forums ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to Cert Forums!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

No worries.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. C5Bocker

C5Bocker New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome :biggrin

Loads of great info on here. I have ordered the Mike Meyers A+ and N+ and also PC Technician Street Smarts.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Looking around to see what I need
  11. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Do not worry that you only 31. I am 30 and i have just done my A+ Essential and i am doing now the A+ IT Technician. Consider that you can get required knowledge and certifcates in about 1-2 years so there will be still many years of working in IT at your life.
    And beside this computers will not ask you how old are you.They do not mind this. I am sure that.:p

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  12. PhoenixAngelique

PhoenixAngelique Byte Poster

welcome

WIP: CIW Master Website Design Manager
  13. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  14. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! You've chosen a great place to start, the A+ and N+ will give you a great foundation to build on. Good Luck!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822