Hello one and all! Looking to take Apple/OS X qualifications in the near future...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by lichy13, May 2, 2010.

1. lichy13

lichy13 New Member

Hello! My name is James and I'm just starting out in my first IT job in London.
    I have these basic IT quals which I've acquired over the past 6months:
    >A+
    >N+
    >MCDST
    >CCENT
    >ADITP
    >NVQ

I'm looking to undertake training in ITIL, Prince2 and progress more on the cisco side of things in the future.
    However, due to my love for macs and OSX it makes sense for me to qualify on the Apple side of things too.
    So, what are the different quals that you can get? To start with I'll be looking for the basic/entry-level exams.

Should I post this in the 'Apple' section too?

Your help much appreciated!

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well I was in the middle of replying to your other thread but that appears to have been closed now.

Anyway for more information on different Apple Certifications please have a look here.

I should advise you that the recertification requirements from Apple are quite stringent, if a new release of software comes out (ie 10.5 to 10.6 was a change) then you have x months to upgrade before you have to go recertify from scratch (at least thats what one of my friends who is an Apple Trainer advised me).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. lichy13

lichy13 New Member

Aah well that's useful to know for the future! Thanks man, well looking at that page, the obvious one to me is the Apple Certified Support Professional 10.6. Have any of you guys got this qualification? What're the costs and could you recommend any books to study with? I've had a look at the demo exam and it seems a bit easier than what I was expecting...It seems like an equivalent to MCDST in the Mac world, would you say this exam is around the same threshold? Cheers.