Hello I'm new to Cert Forums.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by foxstrikef22, Feb 13, 2011.

1. foxstrikef22

foxstrikef22 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to CertForums.co.uk and looking for support with my Studies to assist my Cisco CCNA and CCNP Certs. I'm probably one of many people who fell foul of a certain IT training company and lost £3500.00 :cry:, I agree it was my own fault in not finishing my studies within a certain timeframe but this was not explained to me when I took up my course. They are no longer supporting me with any assistance with studies but have agreed to cover my exam fees (so at least that is something), I'm hoping for help from anyone in CertForums going forward over the next few weeks and months as they cannot help further with any questions I might have.

I am sure there are many professionals on here as well and and looking forward to communicating with you as my studies progress.

Regards and speak again soon.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    WIP: CCNA/CCNP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

I've moved you're post to a new thread :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Hi

Welcome :D

I used

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/series?id=410 Jeremy Cioara has a good style of teaching for me. I also used CCNA ICND 1 and 2 offical press books and CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate: Fast Pass by Todd Lammle. I found the practise questions very helpful in these books.
    Also used packet tracer version 5.2 http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/course_catalog/PacketTracer.html

I had a home lab with some 2950 switches a 877 router and a Hp Procurve switch(not required!)
    I also took the Network + to help my network fundamentals.

I had previously done a course with Commsupport a couple of years back but had forgotten too much info by the time I took the study up again.

Hope this helps.

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome! :D

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  10. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!