Hello guys.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by xeLLopain, Mar 22, 2009.

1. xeLLopain

xeLLopain New Member

Hi everybody..

I come across this forum while looking for an IT Training centre, but end up reading the guide to self study thread in this forum. Thanks to that I completely changed my mind about going to a training centre, that would be a waste of money and time..

I haven't completely browsed this forum, reading some thread i know this is a good forum and hoping I would get some help and advice about certification and stuffs. :D

I have done CCNA 1,2,3 and haven't completed CCNA 4 because I haven't taken the Practice Final Exam, Voucher Exam, CCNA 607 Practice Exam, CCNA 801 Certification Practice Exam #1 and #2..... and that was in 2005.:oops:

I know you guys can give me advice on this, what should be my next move? :cry:I want to continue the CCNA and be CISCO certified. Am I going to retake the whole CCNA course? because I did it in 2005:oops:

Cheers.

WIP: Network+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

I am *not* an expert in Cisco stuff, but from what I have read here, unless you actually took a Cisco exam and passed it, you need to start again with the current set, as the exams have been changed.

Strictly you don't need to to the courses - if you know your Cisco stuff you only need to take the exam(s).

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Hi xeLLopain & welcome. The cisco stuff you've done is the CCNA Network Academy I'm guessing. But to actually be cisco certified you need to sit the actual exam which is all 4 of they semesters material in one and you need to go to a test centre to sit it, check the link to see about it: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-802.html. A lot of people don't even do the academy just self study the material through books and stuff. Then sit it, but definetly think the experience of the academy is great. Somoene else might be able to clear it up a bit better :)

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Do you have any IT experience?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Hello and Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. xeLLopain

xeLLopain New Member

Thanks all for the welcome! :)

I worked in an ISP before for about 2 years, being a network/it personnel.

Yeah, it was an academy and i need to take an exam, so I dont have to retake those courses and just do self study?

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good - you wouldn't believe how many people attempt the CCNA without experience... it won't help their careers by doing so.

Few employers care about completing a Cisco course. Markedly more of them care about the certification itself. So there's no requirement that you go back and take the course... just study for the certification exam and take it.

That said... the CCNA was quite a bit easier back then... they've added a LOT to it since the 607 days! So you'll need to study well for the 802 (or 822/816 combo).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. xeLLopain

xeLLopain New Member

Thanks mate for the help, so i'll have to buy the books for 816 and 822, and study. Cheers! :cheers