Hello, from the USA...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by eqtitan, Dec 3, 2007.

1. eqtitan

eqtitan New Member

Hello All,

I came across cert forums while searching for info about a particular book thats seems to be popular on here.

978-0-07-226312-1 (Mike Meyers) All-in-one guide to A+ Certification sixth ed.

Now for my intro.

My name is Ben and I'm a 27yo male from Michigan in the States, I have a lovely wife and 2 beautiful children (thanks to my wife 8)...) I have 14years of hands on experience building computers and setting up small home/office networks wired and wireless. I however lack the certificates to prove the experience, that employers want in the area I live. So, I have like other decided its high time to take the Comptia A+ Exam(s), essentials, and IT technician.

Thank you all and I hope to find some social networking and help among other things here....

WIP: A+, MCP
  2. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the forums....

Whereabouts in Michigan are you from? That's where I'm at. 8) Okay, not that I'm overly excited at the economy here...

Sounds like you have a great family too! Very nice. I too have a great wife and a great son.

Cheers!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  3. eqtitan

eqtitan New Member

Yes, the economy here is in the crapper. The worst part about it is that Michigan is not a huge IT field.

I'm located in Southgate, and you? Hey maybe if were close we can be lab partners (so to speak). I'm currently self studying for my A+, than Network+, then XP MCP.

The future will be
    MCSE
    CNA
    security+

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Welcome to CF, glad you joined :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. eqtitan

eqtitan New Member

Thanks Ken glad to have found CF, ah the internet makes that big pond between us so much smaller...=)

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Got that right :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  8. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

A Michigander, eh? That's where my family came from. They were all UP'ers. (For those of you across the pond that's pronounced youperz.) The extended family has spread all across the US, but our great grandparents all settled in the UP in the general area of Houghton/Hancock and L'Anse after they emigrated from Finland.

I'm in Eastern Washington. We have a couple of other Yanks here too. Tripwire45 is from Idaho. Mitz is a gal from Tennessee. BosonMichael is also from Tennessee.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF:), I too am married with a beautiful wife and hoping for a child soon:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Move south, guys! We've got IT jobs, a pretty good economy... and most importantly, NHL hockey. ;)

Hold off on the upper-level certifications until you get some IT experience... go after the A+, Network+, and MCDST... but I'd recommend stopping there until you get some time under your belt. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. eqtitan

eqtitan New Member

I'm trying to find the self study guides for these certs (on the cheap since unemployed) I checked the for sale section of the forums but it looks like a ghost town.

14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. BosonMichael

Well, even if it were not a ghost town, most of these fine members are from the UK, so it'd cost too much to ship. You can find used books on Amazon and eBay... just make sure that you're getting the latest edition. Some shady sellers try to sell older editions of books instead of the newer ones.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  16. Finkenstein

Michigan used to be great for IT about 10 years ago... not so much these days.

That's crazy you are in Southgate. I'm in Lincoln Park... just a few streets over from Southgate. Small world. Whereabouts you at? We've got to pretty much be neighbors.

17. Finkenstein

I'm looking at that option as we speak. :) Of course the NHL hockey is a must. I'm waiting for the next Preds game so that I can banter with you on that. 8)

18. BosonMichael

Toronto, tonight. It'll be fun watching the people who travelled from Hamilton seeing what they AIN'T gonna be getting... MY TEAM! :p

19. Finkenstein

Are all Pred fan's as passionate as you? If so, I don't think I'd wear a Wings jersey in Nashville for fear of being brought to "street justice" :D

We'll see the two teams in action on Monday... 8)

20. BosonMichael

The few that are here, yes, they're quite passionate - I wish there were more of us.

We're not mean to fans of opposing teams... the most we do is "strongly tease" :twisted:. We have a lot of Detroit transplants, so we're used to seeing Wings jerseys in the arena. :)

Of course, we do tend to do the "Goooooalieeee... Goooooalieeee... Goooooalieeee... YOU SUCK! It's all your fault! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!" chants after we score a goal... :twisted:

Section 303's Website: Link