Hello from another newbie!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by squeakywheels, Feb 1, 2010.

1. squeakywheels

squeakywheels New Member

I'm at what they call a crossroads in my life and have decided to do what I enjoy rather than the job I have drifted into, which will involve some re-training.
    I came across CertForums when I found an ad for Firebrand Training and something didn't look quite right. I Googled them, found you guys and what I read on CF saved me from making a big mistake, I think.

So, thanks for that.

If I am to re-train as a geek then I'll be needing your advice along the way and hopefully eventually I'll be able to return the favour, if only due to my advancing years ;)

Be seeing you!

2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

Good luck on the new career path.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. singe1642

singe1642 Bit Poster

Hiya!
    Wish I'd found this site before getting into the Advent debacle.
    Good luck with your new career.

WIP: CompTIA A+ Essentilas
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

hey, welcome aboard.

As with anything you want to spend money on: do your homework!

All the best.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Hi and welcome!

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST
  7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome...

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Just want to rehash this a little.

I have used Firebrand in the past (my ITIL course) and in all honesty I haven't had any issues with them. I have been speaking to the same sales guy (Duncan) for a number of years, at no point in all that time have I felt pressured to purchase training from them (I was speaking to them about my MCSE 2003 all the way back in 2004\2005, I didn't go with them then). I am going with them to do my MCITP:EA certifications tho.

Now being a contractor I am not one to spend money easily (not only do I lose out on the training costs but also the time off work). I am not the kind of person who can read a book and pass an exam, I need to do my training in a class room environment. Whilst Firebrand may have their problems I have never experienced them and I certainly don't feel worried about spending money with them.

It's very important to realise that with an accelerated course you are expected to have some prior experience and be able to pick up the technology quickly, don't go on any of the courses with no experience because you will have a nasty wake up.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA