Hello Everyone !!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Neutrino, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Neutrino

Neutrino New Member

Hi guys,

Im a newby here as im doing some research on getting into the IT industry.

I have done a fair bit of reading on the forum so far and I guess its best I ask my questions in a new thread in the appropriate section however ill mention it here just incase anyone has any quick answers.

Ill try and keep it brief.... Im looking to do the A+ and MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 entry level qualifications in order to get myself an entry level help desk job (as fast as humanly possible) at which point I will study further whilst gaining experience in the industry.

Ive read all about which training providers are NOT worth looking at as well as all about self study and brain dumps etc.

My question is this.

Are there ANY known TRIED & TESTED on-line training providers that are worth looking at?

and...

Is it realistically possible to get those entry level qualification within 6-8 weeks (as most claim) without the braindump technique but rather proper learning, be it self study or online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. DryPlate

DryPlate Nibble Poster

6-8 weeks is not impossible for A+ but it really depends on how well you take to the material. Using a book and practice exam software would be one method and a lot of people will reply here recommending online videos.

The EDST 7 is definitely a recommended path but it will take a lot of practice not just studying but also working on Windows 7 on a computer. (You can run it virtually, too) There is a lot of material in the exam which pertains to deploying and managing Windows 7 in an enterprise environment, as the exam is named, which means using a lot of tools you don't normally use in a home environment. So keep that in mind when you work on that.

Take it one step at a time and work on your A+ first.

Pretty decent plan I think, it will be a challenge to get a job without experience but everyone starts somewhere so just keep on studying and perfecting your resume and communication over all.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, Apple Certified Associate
    WIP: CompTIA Network+, MCITP: EDST 7
  3. ciaran25

ciaran25 Bit Poster

Welcome to CF

WIP: A+
  4. Neutrino

Neutrino New Member

Thanks guys,

This particular training provider claimed I would be able complete both the A+ as well as the MCITP Desktop 7 in 6-8 weeks with their online course. I do have the ability to study full time and although I dont have any previous IT eduction per say, I have been using computers in general for a good few years teaching myself various Adobe suite software.

Perhaps it makes sense to just download the A+ material and get through that in first and write exam on my own accord.

5. ciaran25

ciaran25 Bit Poster

good luck

WIP: A+