Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Biggjoe81, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Biggjoe81

Biggjoe81 Bit Poster

Hi,

I have only joined the forum today 23rd, and I'm amazed at the amount of information and knowledge available on this forum. I would like to say a big thank you to you all contributors out there, keep up the good works.

I stumbled upon this forum by accident during a research on a company called "Dynamic IT Solutions".

Im trying to break into the IT field so I came across an advert for an entry level support technician by the above mentioned company. In the advert they said they will offer training towards MCSA certification after which they will offer me employment, provided I pass the certification.

I fired off a cv to them and received a call the next day to come for an interview the following day. I was so excited. I did go there yesterday 22nd June, waited at the reception, a young lady came out and asked me to take a 15 minutes test. I did take the test and passed. This was followed by an interview which i think went well. to cut a long story short I was offered a contract, 21k for the first year, on condition that I pay a £250.00 to take MCSA certification and pass before they will employ and train me.

I decided to research the company and that led me to this forum. I have found some info on "dynamic IT" based on people's experiences with them. I have now got mixed feeling about the whole thing and not sure whether to go ahead or not.

hmmmmmm, any thoughts?

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Errr, avoid ? :rolleyes:

So they want £250 for nothing ? Why don't you just pass self study then and go back them afterwards, therefore zero risk and no £250 down ?

Respectable colleges will let you take night classes on MCSA exams over a year period for around £1000. Why risk your £250 on some dodgy outfit ?

Without experience its highly unlikely you will pass all MCSA exams with either approach, its for experienced professionals.

Systems Administrator| MCSA | Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011