Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by burnz*, Apr 19, 2011.

1. burnz*

burnz* Bit Poster

Hi there everyone,

As you can all see i'm new here, i would like to say that i currently hold the following qualifications, foundation in IT Certificate, first diploma in IT, and IT Essentials certificate. I've been working as a shop operator for the past 4 years, ever since i stopped studying and have regretted it ever since. Well there is not much that i can do about that since regrettably no one can turn back time so what i would like to know are a few things, can anyone suggest a sort of distance learning provider since it has been quite some time since i stopped studying, I would not like to stop working but i would like to continue working and start studying once again since I don't quite feel that this job is my place and i have had my heart set out to be working in the IT industry for many years. Feedback would be much appreciated, my stability would be in the hardware sector such as A+ and so on but I would be open to all ideas.

Kind Regards.

Certifications: Foundation In IT, IT Essentials Part 1, First Diploma In IT, Customer Care Certification.
    WIP: A+
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

It is entirely possible to self-study the A+ without the need of incurring the cost of a learning provider. I self studied the A+, and so did many others on this forum.

The recommended study material is the CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) by Mike Meyers.

If you have an old PC that you can strip and rebuild etc then that will also help.

Cheers
    NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. burnz*

burnz* Bit Poster

Hello bloke, thank for the nice welcome. I would like to thank you for that post, I have just purchased the study material. With which university or online school would you recommend to do the A+ certification exams, so that I could hopefully do it within this year.

Kind Regards.

Certifications: Foundation In IT, IT Essentials Part 1, First Diploma In IT, Customer Care Certification.
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Welcome squire :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

professormesser.com - videos for the course
    prometric.com - exam board
    pearsonvue.com - exam board

and welcome :D

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  8. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  9. johnadam

johnadam New Member

Hello i am new here and want to give my website for review. Any idea how can i do this?

10. burnz*

burnz* Bit Poster

Thanks for those alex :)

11. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL