Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by david.walton, Aug 12, 2010.

1. david.walton

david.walton New Member

Hi guys, the names David.

I just signed up for my MCSE training at BCOC in london. I signed up for the fast track course as the people at work will only give me two weeks off work.

I was told its possible to complete the MCSE in 2 weeks? is that a joke? or is it actually possible.

I've been working with computers sine I was about 12 years old,..Im now 21 and really want to be certified as soon as possible. I know I should do rush these things, does any one have any advice for me. also can people tell me how long it took them to get certified ? for MCSE 2003, as well as others,

I read the A+ book and it was all too easy for me, except the printer part. I just never got around to taking my exams for it, but will most likely do that soon as well.

So who's got awesome techy advice for me in order to pass...any study techniques...things to look out for. I'm really trying to approach this the right way, and this Forum is know for having the best of the best...(or so my friends tell me )..

:-)

2. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

Hi, i am planning to go bcoc on baker street. starting in october.

when are you starting down there.

pls let me knw how the course goes for you.

Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP
  3. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF! I'm not a MSCE so I can't answer if 2 weeks would do it. However, my A+ and N+ took considerably longer than that and I suspect that 2 weeks is not too realistic. However, hopefully some of the others on this forum with that cert. can give you a better idea.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's possible if a) you have a LOT of experience and already know the content cold, or b) they give you a bunch of cheat sheets called braindumps - illegal collections of questions that are stolen from the live exam that enable you to cheat. If Microsoft suspects that you've used them, they can decertify you for life.

Doesn't matter how long you've been working with computers... it matters how long you've been administering servers. The MCSE is designed for people who have been administering servers in a multi-site, multi-server domain environment for 12-18 months... it's NOT designed for someone who isn't in IT and/or hasn't done server administration before.

If you don't yet have the A+, Network+, and MCDST, I would recommend that you start with them.

Best of luck! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. david.walton

david.walton New Member

I'm starting September 20th

6. david.walton

david.walton New Member

well the thing is, I do have 8 or 9 months experience with a server environment, not so much command line and syntax..but I set up AD On Server 2003, and now im working with Server 2008 and Hyper-V as well as other stuff. VPNs a whole load of stuff.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, that's better than nothing. Still, be advised that most places that offer these accelerated training courses give out braindumps with a wink and a nod, passing them off as legitimate study tools. These types of training centers ought to be reported. Better yet, don't use a training center at all... save your money and learn on your own. There are plenty of legitimate self-study tools available.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!