Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Docsham, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Docsham

Docsham New Member

Recently Lost my Job - Got hit by the credit crunch :cry:

Anyway with all this spare time .... thought I get some certifications to my name. 8) This site is amazing.
    Just what I was looking for.....info and advice and lots of it.

Passed my CCNA last week......so onto the Microsoft side.......studying for the 70-290.

Certifications: Network+, CCNA.
    WIP: 70-290
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Any reason why you're starting off with the server exam and not the client one?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  4. Docsham

Docsham New Member

Hi Qs and Wagnerk,

I've been working in IT for several years 1st/2nd line desktop support and never really went for the certs...yes big mistake.....i realise now. Got plenty of XP experience. Its the Server side I really want to get stuck into. I've got the time and most of all motivation. So want to get Server done before I run out of both. There's plenty of client side shown on my CV, lack of Server side. So I thought this would be a good starting point.

Certifications: Network+, CCNA.
    WIP: 70-290
  5. Nursa

Nursa Bit Poster

Newbie here too! Hi :oops:

Certifications: BTEC in Computing
    WIP: A+
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+