Hello everyone :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by colsmith999, Mar 28, 2009.

1. colsmith999

colsmith999 New Member

Hello everybody... I'm new to Cert forums ... I am thinking of studying the COMPTIA A+ course and after reading reviews on other sites of how many online and home learning courses are poor value for money or just plain bad I am hoping that members here have been exactly where I am now and hopefully they wll be able to share their experience and advice on where to go for help.

Thanks in advance for any comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certifications: none
    WIP: comptia a+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

If you read through the sections here you will realize that we are very enthusiastic on self-study rather than using training-providers. And that many members here have been in exactly your position.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. colsmith999

colsmith999 New Member

Thanks for that Harry.... over the next few days I will be asking lots of questions of the members, before I decide which books are relevant and worth buying etc....

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF! I recommend spending some time in the CompTIA section under A+, you will see several posts of people that are/have been in your position. There is great advice for all of them and you should really consider the books, and materials discussed for self study.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  7. colsmith999

colsmith999 New Member

thank you for such a warm welcome... I will check the recommendations suggested ....

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for self-study. Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Another recommendation for self study here :study

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA