Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mrnkarim, Sep 15, 2005.

1. mrnkarim

mrnkarim New Member

I just joined (obviously). I found the site when searching for help in finding MCP 20-270 material on Google.

I have been studying in my spare time, little by little for months now.

Was reading through, page by page, the massive Microsoft book for 20-270 (MCSE Self Paced Kit). I had thought what better way to revise than by using Microsoft’s own book for the 20-270 exam.

HOWEVER, after I read it all, of course I could not remember everything! But also, I did a couple fo practise tests on-line and found questions which Microsoft's own book do not have the answers to!!!

So revised more, using Exam Cram 2 and the internet for help on questions I couldn't answer. Done two more practise exams on the internet. One I scored 80% on and was over the moon. Done another practise test from another vendor and only got 40%!!! :(

I do not know which practise tests are the closest to the real exam.

This is a major reason why I joined the forum. Does anyone know which vendor provides the best questions? I've heard Transcenders are good and have read that CBT are good from this forum.

I hope that joining a forum like this will help me answer these questions and more.

Cheers,

Mrnkarim

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Mrnkarim. Welcome to CertForums. Have you had any hands on experience with Windows networks...even small labs? One thing that helps tremendously in retaining concepts and data is actually practicing the tasks that the books talk about. It's one thing to read about doing an OS install over the network and another thing entirely to practice it.

Pop down to the Microsoft forums here and have a look if you haven't already. Plenty of valuable information posted there. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

I'd recommend the Transcenders, but those are the only practice exams I've ever used, so I can't really comment on others.

:)

4. mrnkarim

mrnkarim New Member

Thanks for your replies Tripwire45 and SimonGrahamUK.

Tripwire45 - Yes, I work for a large UK IT services company as a Server Support Engineer and do get to try things hands on. I appreciate the value gained from working hands on, and actually work with people who are fully MCSE certified, but do not know the first thing about working in real environments (who have just joined). however, I also respect the people who have got just the academic qualifications without the hands on, because it seems to me an acheivement to pass the exams (they're not as easy or worthless as some people make out). I hope hands on and academic knowledge I pick up will feed off each other and enhance me in both areas, and so far it is.

However, I now want to concentrate on the academic rather than the practical side right now, as I am hoping to take the exam within a month.

I really feel I need practise questions - and lots of them, as clsoe to teh real questions as possible. Does anyone have any they can send me????

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. Personally I think PrepLogic exam simulation questions are better than Transcenders.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. mrnkarim

mrnkarim New Member

Thanks Nugget.

I Have looked at PrepLogic's website.

Of course I have to pay for either Transcender or PrepLogic, unless, being cheeky, anyone's got some they get email me????

I'm sure this question is asked over and over in teh forum, but several practise questions would be a great help.

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome to CF. :D

Take a stroll over to amazon and take a look at the Sybex book on 70-270, i think it has some good reviews.

Good luck with your training, i wish you the best.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome, Mrnkarim - hope we can help you.

I do have to rain on the parade a little here though - you've alluded several times to "obtaining" prep test from our Members. Whilst I understand you may be on a budget, we do not in any way condone breach of copyright materials, nor the illegal sharing of legitimate software on our Boards. Our Rules & Guidelines should hopefully cover this a little further.

That said, we can put this down to innocence on this occasion, and hopefully we can help you in many other ways. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+