Hello CF Members

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Dizzle, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Dizzle

Dizzle New Member

I finally decided to register after reading through posts on this great site for years.
    I've decided to take the plunge and start gaining some IT certs. I have always wanted to work in IT as its something I enjoy. I'm 22 currently living just outside of Norwich. At the moment I'm an administrator for the NHS but would like to jump in the world of an IT career. I've got a sound knowledge of PC's and know a lot of the A+ material already through building and fixing PC's for friends etc.

I chose to take the self study route after seeing a groupon deal with e-careers.com which was too good to miss. £79 for A+, N+, Server+, Security+ and Windows 7 (70-680). I see why the groupon was done as the A+ and N+ exams are changing soon so the material available will need to be updated. This wont matter too much to me however as i plan to take my 220-701 early next month and 220-702 soon after. As long as i get the N+ done by July/August time it should be money very well spent. As for the content of the material it is in-depth and has some good practice exams (although the study videos can be very boring after listening to Mike, your virtual tutor, for ages). To double up my studying I got the Mike Meyers book from my local library, as suggested throughout this forum.

After the A+, N+ and 70-680 I plan to look for some 1st line jobs. With the Server+ and Security+ material at hand i can study these in my spare time and who knows from there.......Oh the possibilities.

Well that's me! Hello all at CF :D

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Well welcome to CF and I'm glad you finally decided to join, what kept you back? We don't bite unless paid to do so! :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL