Hello and some advice if you please

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by elliss20, Sep 28, 2005.

1. elliss20

elliss20 New Member

First, a bit about me! I'm 33 and my present abode is Durham. I used to work in the music industry (london) but for the past 3 yrs I've been travelling and studying (spanish) and earning a crust here and there.

In a nutshell, I want to live and work abroad (spain for the time being) and have a career which would allow me to work almost anywhere I like and that's where web design/maintenance comes in. I've read quite a few threads on various forums which have proved invaluable but I still need HELP! due to the mass of info out there. Basically, as I travel and work abroad often, I'm looking for a classroom based course where I can learn the basic ins and outs of web design/maintenance. I'm guessing here but a course of 1,2 intensive months would do the trick. I presume the course/courses will be costly but worth it in the long run! I realize that this course would just be the begginning of a long and continuous learning process but I already have the possibiltiy of 1 or 2 internships in Barcelona once I have the basics. I know the certforums peeps are friendly and helpful bunch so your knowledge and advice would be dearly appreciated!!! Cheers, Shaun

Certifications: BA Media & Business Management
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi there elliss20, welcome to our world!

Can't help you much on the short term courses, but have you considered looking at the Open University?

8)

3. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forums :biggrin

You could always try looking in your local library or Job Centre for training possibilites, and don't forget the local college :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

This might be usefull to you if you are willing to use the local colleges.

:biggrin

6. elliss20

elliss20 New Member

I looked into the open university and local college courses but neither are of any use as I'm abroad a lot. That's why I want to set aside a couple of months or so I can concentrate on a course and get it over and done with so I can go off to foreign shores again! Never mind, I'll keep looking. I'm off to the US in a week or two, if anybody knows of any websites or whatever that may be of use for finding a course that would be great. I'll be in the US for 3 months (new york and san francisco) so I could fit in a course over there! Any ideas would be more than welcome.

Certifications: BA Media & Business Management
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Well if it's really that type of course that you're after try these.

I have done some training with them before and found then to be good. I have also sat all of my cert exams there and found the staff to be very helpful.
    Their offices are nice, and if you go on a course with them the food is good!

8)

8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, elliss20. Welcome to CertForums. Say "hello" for me to San Francisco. I used to live there some time ago. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi elliss20 - welcome aboard :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity