HELLO ALL

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by 'GHOSTWHEEL', Feb 9, 2005.

1. 'GHOSTWHEEL'

'GHOSTWHEEL' New Member

Hi great forum just what i need too help me. Basically i was looking for i career in I.T. Two and halve years ago i nearly splashed out £3500 on a Computeach Course which i now no would off been way too much work for me. So im looking too start and pass the COMPTIA A+ and NETWORK + certificates and gain I.T Employment then once settled in the I.T industry Hopefully gain The CISCO CCNA Certificate as im really intrested in Networking of Small Business .

Andy :biggrin

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Andy. Welcome to CertForums. I am glad you like the place. Hope we can help you out on your certification and career goals.

By now, you've probably peeked into the A+, Network+ and CCNA forums and have gotten an idea of what it takes to study for these certs. There have been a couple of recent threads in the Training and Development forum that I think would also help answer some questions.

Let us know what we can do to help. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. 'GHOSTWHEEL'

'GHOSTWHEEL' New Member

tripwire45 i see your from the USA 8) . Great basically im seriously looking too move 2 the USA and and setting my self a goal off ten years too do the courses ive mentioned above gain I.T. employment experience then move too USA im thinking Of California basically the Sun Sea and Cheap rust free VW's are just two much of a temptation. Would those certificates and a few years I.T. on the job experience be adequate to get work and live in Calli

Andy 8)

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It's not cheap to live in California, Andy. I lived in the San Francisco Bay area and Southern California for almost 20 years and after being away for the past 10 years, I probably couldn't afford to move back. :P

You might want to talk to Phoenix back channel (either email or PM) about it since I think at one point, he was considering a similar move. He'd be the expert on the immigrations laws involved.

BTW, as the previous owner of a classic 1972 VW Beetle, I can tell you that they aren't rust free and I'm not sure just how cheap they are anymore, either. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the boards [​IMG]

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Andy, and welcome from me too. Thanks for the kind words about our place - if there's anything we can help with, just sing out, m8 [​IMG]

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to the forums, make yourself at home. Si :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Greetings mate, welcome to the forums
    Good to see you have set your sights high :)

Bit of bad news re the USA though :)
    its not the simplest place to get into, and unless you have substantial job experiance and talant that they cant find locally, you just are not likley to get in, they have to pay alot of money to get people a visa, and they have to proove they circulated for the job beforehand locally, and with the ammount of unemployed techs in the US at present you may find it a difficult way to get in, sorry for the bad news :)
    feel free to gmail me if you have any other questions :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum mate.[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. sonia_aryan

sonia_aryan New Member

welcome

11. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Welcome GHOSTWHEEL , did you drink the warm beer from the back of the VW? What did you do with the skeleton?

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  12. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Erm...This thread was started in 2005. :ohmy

13. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

God these painkillers are strong. You got to admit though, it does look like the VW Hurley found in lost. :oops:

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  14. matthias

matthias New Member

:biggrin hello every one

15. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

It would be better if you created your own intro thread. 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009