Hello all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jonfromdundonald, May 16, 2009.

1. jonfromdundonald

jonfromdundonald New Member

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone on the forum's. I am studying to be a PC tech. At the minute i am doing my A+ essentials course. Then i will be doing the A+ N+ and then the MCSA exam. I'm hoping if i need any help or advice then i can get it on this great forum. jon

WIP: A+ N+ MCSA
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi Jon and welcome to the forums.

If your goal is to be a PC tech, then the A+.. N+ are perfect. However, the MCSA is probably a tad over the top for the moment. You might want to consider the MCDST path instead, as these are all entry level certifications and will stand you in good stead as far as prospective employment is concerned. Also, they will act as a good foundation for the MCSA once you have a year or more experience, in a commercial environment under your belt.

Doing advanced certifications without the relative experience can harm your prospects of finding an entry level position and will not help you jump up the IT ladder. Employers look for experience + certifications or just experience alone can advance you up the ladder. Higher level certs, such as the MCSA/E on their own count for zilch.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome Jon

I agree with Bluerinse, we have had many threads on here where people have studied and gotten higher certifications only to find that they can't get a job with it because of their lack of experience and this is because employers expect you to know your stuff with these advanced certs and also they believe that if you are going for a low level job that you will do a runner as soon as your offered more money so they don't hire.

As Bluerinse said you would be best going for the MCDST after the N+

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

Hi and welcome. Dundonald as in dundonald in ayrshire.?

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello & Welcome to CF.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  9. jonfromdundonald

jonfromdundonald New Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Thank's for the good advice BLUERINSE and GREENBRUCELEE :biggrin .I will take a closer look at the MCDST certification. PC PROMO i'm from DUNDONALD belfast, I didn't even know there was a place with the same name in scotland, it just goes to show you learn something new every day:biggrin

WIP: A+ N+ MCSA