Hello all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by alcapone, Jan 17, 2008.

1. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

I just want to say hello to u ppl. :p Very nice community over here. In future I will be web designer so glad to see a forum where a lot of people from the same industry. Hope I find a lot of interesting threads over here and try to help others if I will be able :D

Certifications: CompTIA I-Net+, ACE dreamweaver cs3
    WIP: Macromedia Flash, Photoshop.
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Hopefully you don't use light gray italicized text with a light blue background on the web pages you design! :p

Welcome! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

And as Michael alluded to, please post in normal font and colour, far easier on the eyes 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, glad you joined :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Whats alcatraz like, I always wanted to visit :D only joking.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

Yes it wasn't the best solution :D Thank's for answering my question about the job ;)

8. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

Thanks for welcome to u all guys it's really nice :biggrin

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Al. Welcome to CF. Oh...I did read your thread about designing websites and my one suggestion has to do with editing. I noticed a number of typos which are probably a result of your just typing a bit too fast. While that may not be critical when writing a post for a discussion forum (though it is annoying), it is highly important not to let typos and other similar errors creep in when designing a site. Nothing screams "This site is not professional" than spelling and other similar errors. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Glad to be of assistance.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

Thank you for your suggestion. :) Actually it's not because of my typing speed more likely because English language is not my nature language ( :oops: of cause it is not an excuse because I will be working in UK in near future) but it's just the forum as you said and also I think that the most of the text I will be adding to web sites will be prewritten, and the is one more solution like Microsoft Word which can check and highlight my mistakes. ;) Thanks for welcome!

P.S. If you upload your text in Microsoft Word you will see that some commas are missing it is not good when designing a site also :D

12. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Hi and welcome! :biggrin Where are you from? And how is your jobhunting going for work in London?

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  13. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & Welcome to CF !:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  14. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

Actually not so well but to be honest I'm not looking so hard :biggrin I still need to learn a lot but I'm working hard sitting by books every day 10-12 hours. Now I'm on book of 600 pages after I have another 2 books 1200 pages each and just after it I hope after about 2-3 months I will get on Flash. Don't really know how much I need to know for starting level so a bit scary to look for the job jet cause don't feel to be able to do everything on my own. Don't really know do I need server side scripting or not and if yes which ones :) Honestly sooner or later I will get a job in this industry anyway so I don't bother to much I'm just trying to learn as much as possible. This will be not just the job it is my hobby also :D

15. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Oh my god that sounds painful!! What are the books, are they being helpful at least? (The closest I've gotten to web design books or courses was reviewing some HTML and Dreamweaver courses for my team and deciding against them) :dry

Have you checked job adverts to see what they're asking for - how many skills, how much experience? There should be some entry-level jobs there where you just need the basics and can learn the rest on the job :biggrin

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  16. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I didn't even see the actual post until I read some reples and came back up; and what light blue background?:blink
    I think my eyes are gone - everyone else saw blue??? :ohmy

Welcome to the forum... :)

17. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

18. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Welcome to CF! and goodluck!

WIP: A+, MCAD
  19. alcapone

alcapone Bit Poster

Sure they help me but sometimes I need someone who knows more then me but no one of my friends learn what I do :) So now I found good friend "certforums" who can help me sometimes. I learned some HTML, XML, XHTML, CSS, Dreamweaver full course, read some accessibility and future technology issues, I still need to learn Java scripts, maybe a bit of ColdFusion, some other server side scripting, Flash.

Many adverts I seen asking at least Photoshop, HTML, CSS and Java script. I don't know what they mean about Java script I can use some of the scripts but I can't create them so i need to push up a bit with scripting. And also the scripts builded in dreamweaver program are to wide, and sometimes not the best suited for web sites I have some extensions for dreamweaver also but they probably are inadmissible in profeshional web design companies. And also I'm not certified yet but soon I will have Dreamweaver exam and after probably will be the time for serious job hunting :D

And about the experience it is onother thing :) everyone wants experienced :)