Hello, all.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by no_one_here, Dec 2, 2007.

1. no_one_here

no_one_here Bit Poster

Just thought I would pop my head through the door and say hello. I've been lurking for some time, and had a lot of good advice (all meant for other people of course) when studying for my MCDST.

Haven't had much luck on the jobs front lately, but have two possible contracts coming up (if the agencies' clients get round to signing them). I'm taking a break from the MCSA route to study for ITIL Foundation, because I think that would help show I' understand the business/management side of IT support as well as the tech side.

Regards,

Dale

Certifications: ITIL Foundation, MCDST Network+ A+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Welcome

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF. :D

I did ITIL Version 3 Foundation a couple of weeks ago - I am currently working in Change Management and Service Delivery - on a 3 day course in work. Geez... it was tough going (and boring), but I thought I would be OK, given the scores I got in the two mock exams I took as part of the course. To my horror the real exam was nothing like the mocks! :blink

Still not got the result... but I won't be holding my breath... :ohmy

All the best with your studies.

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF. That's a good move with starting with the basics first and moving up from there.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to the forums!

I took an ITIL foundation course and I can say that it was sleep inducive. :) Hopefully it was just the instructor.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  8. no_one_here

no_one_here Bit Poster

Re the ITIL foundation. I'm self-studying for it, like I did the MCDST, rather than going on a course; and will book the exam at the local Promectric centre when I feel ready. Is that a bad move?

GiddyG: you said the exam was nothing like the mocks. Do you mean it was harder? :ohmy

Finkelstein: No, I think the material is sleep-inducing, not the instructor. :blink

All: Thanks for welcoming me.

Regards

Certifications: ITIL Foundation, MCDST Network+ A+
    WIP: 70-270
  9. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

What I mean is that the way the questions in the real exam were written/built was nothing like the mocks. I expected some conformity in the way they were presented, but the way they were written was completely different.

I and the people with me have been in the Service Management arena for several years, and most of us agreed that the questions were nothing like the mocks.

That said, given 2.5 days to 'relearn' what you have been doing for years is not sufficient, especially when you're told that bits of the role you perform actually fall within another process!

Mind you, if you haven't done Service Management before, and you just work from the ITIL version 3 books, then you should be fine.

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hello! :biggrin

12. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello & Welcome to CF :biggrin

I agree with Giddy the ITIL courses are excellent for people having trouble sleeping:p:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  13. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009