Hello all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Metalstar, May 30, 2007.

1. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Hi all

I'm looking to get started at getting qualified! I went through college wanting to do IT Courses but not enough places were available apparently. . . and my career adviser said IT wasn't worth going to college for. . . . . :blink

Anyway, I've been offered the IT Manager's job at my current place of work as the company is splitting into 2, our present one is going with the other half and since I help out alot with it I was given first shout.

My knowledge of computers in general is fairly good, I built and sold systems to pay my way through college and I run Linux at home for most things, its all just been for fun until now though.

I think now is a good time to start getting the qualifications I didnt go for in school/college. I'm thinking CompTIA A+ initially and then going for MCSE. Works network is going to be approx 15-20 users running through an exchange server until everything is settled and we start to grow again.

Fortunately my employers are extremely supportive of qualifications, especially if they are directly related to the role so I think i'm in a good position really! If I decide I don't want to continue then I already have my Financial qualifications and employment to go to!

Anyway, just wanted to sign up now as I am sure i'll be using this place a bit in the future and also to accept any feedback on the certs i'm going for initially, as to whether they sound right for me! (i'm 23 by the way, not too late I hope :wink: )

(apologies for length!):newbie

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Good to meet ya.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF mate :)

btw.. IMO your career advisor is talking out of his or her bottom :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Heh she was , it's 7-8 years ago now! Unfortunately when you are that age and a bit nervy about leaving school you tend to listen to them :x

Thanks for the nice welcome all :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009