Hello all.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Taz69, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

Like a few of the other members I seem to have drifted over here from another popular site and after a few days to look around I must say it also looks like a friendly place to be.

Since December I've been studying at a local training centre. This is after quitting my job; moving to Manchester and deciding to take some time out in the attempt to gain employment in something I enjoy doing.

It has been mad because despite having a bit of experience building PCs and installing/fixing Windows I had no real knowledge of networking so I won't agree with anyone who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks :lol: but I'm slowly getting throught the MCPs and hopefully I'll be able to put the same enthusiasm into looking for a job once I achieve my little goal of the MCSA.
    The need for a few beer tokens after the bills are paid is calling... :wink:

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Big welcome from all of us, I'm sure, Taz :P

You sound like you're in the same big IT boat as the rest of us, so grab an oar and enjoy your time here - this place is all about helping each other, and just relaxing when that's all you want to do :wink:

Have fun ....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Welcom this mad place Taz for someone who has no experiance of networking you have done very well with getting the 216. Enjoy these foums.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Welcome Taz

We can chat away on both boards now!

5. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum, take your time, look around

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  6. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

Thanks guys. I get the impression that this site is about having a bit of fun whilst you study. :P

Luton Bee. Maybe having no previous networking knowledge has been an advantage. As I skipped Win 2000 by going 98>XP Pro on my home system I've not been able to take anything for granted and I've started with a clean sheet. I think the fact that I might have had to put a little more work than someone typically studying for N+ or the first couple of MCPs actually got me into good habits for the beast....

Hiya McSmoothie I notice yourself and a few other familiar faces are hanging around in here :) Mind you I might need to scream for help on one of your favorite certs from time to time. I managed to bag a free course for the 70-224 because I was lucky enough to be taking a MOS exam last friday and cheeky enough to pipe up that I'd do it when our tutor turned down a spare place because she had a class that week :twisted: At least I'll know where to find you.

PS Is it okay to post details about a training centre in Manchester that offers the Network+,70-210 & 215 as well as Excel and Word courses free to the unemployed with previous relevant IT skills ? As certforums has been set up by TSE course members I thought it wise to ask first.

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  7. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A warm welcome taz. Your very welcome here, enjoy yourself. As for posting those detials, yeah i cant see why not.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...