Hello all....

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by The Pink Panther, Jul 24, 2006.

1. The Pink Panther

The Pink Panther New Member

Hello.

Been lurking for a while and have decided to share what I'm trying to do with everyone and
    maybe give or get some advice along the way. :)

Looking to get back into IT after a five year break. And I haven't got certs yet.
    Oh, and I'm over 30. So it's a bit daunting.:blink

But hopefully, if I can do it, then there's hope for everyone.8)

Would be good to hear from y'all.

WIP: A+, Network + MCSE, Linux
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi TPP - welcome to CF. Good to have you aboard. What did you do in IT previously, and where are you hoping to head from here ?

Enjoy :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome! And some of us are even older!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. The Pink Panther

The Pink Panther New Member

Thanks to everyone. To answer Jakamoko's question, I used to work for a software company who did CRM solutions and I got involved with first and second line software support with some installation and basic testing as well.

What I'm hoping for is to go back to that level but also to do some more varied sys admin work and maybe dabble in Linux and other stuff that isn't MS.

I'd like to say I have plan - and I do - up to a point, it's just I'm not confident that things will work out, but
    trying is better than sitting on my hands. Certs seem the way to go now, even if you've got previous experience. I suppose the question is - what's more relevant - previous experience in the industry, or certs now, when I'm doing admin/web browser support which is my current job, which I and probably employment agencies don't count as proper IT.

GT.

WIP: A+, Network + MCSE, Linux
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009