Hello again + Printer question

Discussion in 'A+' started by ooberman, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ooberman

ooberman Bit Poster

Hello everyone, I've not posted on this site for quite a while. I started studying for my A+ when the 2003 objectives were still around but never quite got to the examination part of it and before I knew it they were no longer available. Well a few months ago I decided to give it a proper go and ordered the AIO 6th edition and got my act together and studied properly. I took and passed the essentials exam a couple of weeks ago and have the IT Technician exam booked for next Monday.

So to my question, I'm currently going over the AIO just to keep it fresh in my memory and noticed it mentions Thermal wax printers do not require special paper. I was sure I had read that they do and also seen it on a practice question in the A+ exam cram book.

I am more inclined to go with the AIO because I did not see it in the book errata on the Totalsem site but as there is a conflict I would like to know for sure. Could someone nudge me in the right direction on this please?

Thanks
    Gez

Certifications: A+
    WIP: ???
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/thermal+wax+transfer+printer

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. ooberman

ooberman Bit Poster

Thankyou very much, the wiki article I looked up first didn't clearly state if they did or didn't use specific paper, the article you posted did though :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: ???