Hellgate london

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I thought that I'll post this here :) I've decided to pre-order Hellgate London. After the release date has been set back about a year now (suppose to have come out last year, then in March this year), it'll be released around Halloween this year.

I'm excited about this game as it's the type of game I normally go for and it's from the producers who brought you Diable 1 & 2. The only thing I kinda worried about is that the game has been over-hyped, but from what I've seen (vids and ingame footage) it seems to be a good buy, well only time will tell...

Will let you know how it is once I get it on Nov 2nd.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep I have been following the progress of this game, looks like a high spec pc is gonna be needed.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not really... my 5-year-old 2.4 GHz P4 PC with a Radeon 9600 Pro could run it. From here:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kitkatninja

Has anyone managed to get onto the beta program? I missed it by a day :(

BTW, thanks for the system spec been looking for it for a while :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Looks like a fun game.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. greenbrucelee

I meant to run it decently and not in bricko vision.

7. BosonMichael

Those aren't official specs... but it'll do until the official ones are released. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. BosonMichael

Meh, I'm not a video elitist. I can enjoy even an 800x600 game as long as the frame rate is smoooooth.

9. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yeah, what they aren't telling you is that they are the req's for the installer, not the game. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. greenbrucelee

I am not a video elitist, but I don't want a game running that looks like an old Amiga game.

I only want something that runs smooth and looks half decent.

12. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Not sure what all the fuss is about, looks like pretty normal london village FPS, only the other day I had to chop the head of a thrid level demon to get on the tube....

If its half as good as on old amiga game I might buy it ! :D

13. BosonMichael

Obviously, you never had an Amiga. That computer was far ahead of its time.

14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Having looked at ingame footage on the website, I can't say it's exciting me greatly. I loved the Diablo games, and it does look very pretty, but it just seems a bit 'consoley' (if that's a word). I'll reserve final judgement until Ken (WagnerK) shows it too me. If he's suddenly off 'sick' for a while, I'll know it's really good! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. greenbrucelee

I did but I had an atari st and preffered that

16. BosonMichael

Please surrender your Geek card to the authorities at your earliest convenience. Thank you. :p

17. greenbrucelee

I am not a conventional geek, I might dig out the dragon 32 at the weekend a see if it works.

18. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I still have an old 48K speccy in the attic that worked 5 years ago, havent tried it since! And who can remeber playing the old Adventure "Monty Pythons Quest for the Holy Grail" Where Eugene (?) bashed you over teh head with his Vic20?

As for Hellgate, While it looks good i'm not sure i'll play it. Plus it has an optional subscription charge to get extra weapons and dungeon access. How much difference will taht make or how restrictive will play be without it?

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  19. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Just got myself an email invite to the Beta.

Nice!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  20. Kitkatninja

Cool, I got an invite to the beta yesterday and (inbetween looking after my baby & wife) been playing it practically all day. So far I'm very impressed* :)

The only downside to playing the beta: If I was in the US my data (saved game/character) will be ported over, however since I'm in the EU and will be playing on EU servers I will have to start the game again. However it's worth it, it's really good, think of Hellgate london a combination of Oblivion (which I finished with both expansions) and Neverwinter nights (again which I finished) plus add the online features (well some of them) of Guild wars.

Like I said, so far this game hasn't been a let down and I can't wait for the offical release (already pre-ordered it) so I can play the game thru and save london.

-Ken

*based on what I've played so far - done several quests and currently level 5