Hellgate London... New PC game

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, May 10, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone else will be getting this game, Hellgate London?

It looks like it's going to be one excellent game

"The setting is London, 2038. The city is in ruins, but remains unmistakable. Rubble litters the streets and the buildings that once stood proud in the skyline are now vacant, shadowed hulks burning with eternal hellfire."

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Looks like you need one hell of a PC to play this game though. I think hence why it was probably named hellgame.:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Kitkatninja

Hopefully, my pc will handle this (I've just upgraded to the AMD X2 4200+ and the 7900 graphics card). But yeah, the game looks like it's going to push any PC to it limits :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

looks a good game but prob will cause my pc heartache and i have the same setup as you wags from looks of it! I have problems with supreme commander on medium settings!!:(

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. Kitkatninja

I didn't have any problems with Supreme Commander on medium setting, but then again I didn't play much of it (so that may explain it). Have you played C&C3 yet? I actually prefer the interface, the graphics & gameplay of it compared to SC.

-Ken

6. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

It's on my list, but I'm giving Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Bioshock priority. Hellgate London seems like Painkiller meets Doom III meets Prey meets... just a cocktail of games already released. I'll wait for the demo before preordering.

PC will handle this nicely.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep, I'll certainly be getting it... especially when the price is right. I won't pay full price for it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

looks pretty cool, any idea of the specs needed will my pc run it?

e6400cpu
    1gig ram
    msi 8600gt graphics card

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?