Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by JonnyMX, Jun 11, 2011.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've just finished my first play through of Heavy Rain (move edition).

It's quite simply one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in gaming.
    In a good way, that is.

The story, music and atmosphere just combine to make it absolutely stunning.
    It's now out on platinum, so well worth a couple of notes.

Truly unlike anything else I've ever played.
    Although 'played' isn't really the right word to use, it's more like directing your way through a film where you influence the eventual outcome by your actions.

Well worth a go.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Agree, its a cracking game :rocks

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Glad you have posted that mate because I've been 'uming and ahing' over this for ages now. I'll order it

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It also contains quite a bit of nudity, sex and a strip scene.
    Don't want to put you off...

5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Erm yeah next day delivery it is! :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. Afroninja

Afroninja Bit Poster

Fantastic game. Can sit and watch friends play it all day just to see how it turns out :)

7. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Before my PS3 decided to YLOD on me for the second time, iw as just going through a 3rd play of this, this time attempting to complete with the Move controller........which is a erm interesting experience.

I gotta say the story, the whole game if fantastic, specifically the 1st time, as it just blows you away.

However, on the 2nd completion and the now 3rd attempt, I kind feel im treading the same path, with slightly different variations, and I feel a little dissapointed

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I only played it straight through the once - I guess once you know the story it takes a big chunk out of the experience.

What I do like though is the fact that after completing it once, you can dip back into chapters at random. That lets you complete trophies without having to go through the whole thing again, and also revisit major plot sections (such as where a character dies/doesn't die and then continue with the game to experience a slightly different ending.

Anyway, can't talk now, Deus Ex: Human Revolution...

9. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Thats probably been the problem, that I started it from Scratch rather than the chapters.............

Either way lets hope the Genre continues to develop and more games follow this:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  10. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Are we talking on xbox as well as i love the ideas of having to think about things to come to a decision rather than the game having to be done in a certain way, going off what toy have said it seems there are more than a few outcomes that give different endings??

Or am i lost???

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  11. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I should add, i love playing modern warfare, and i cant wait tlll number three comes out. I mainly play online because the actions are human and not random, and lag depending, can make one great night in, although better if your sober. I havent even played MW1 , 2 in that gameplay, i just love the online multiplayer modes.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There are several different endings depending on some of the main choices you make in the game.
    The main factor being that your character can end up being locked up, preventing him from completing the mission or some of the secondary characters can die which also affects the outcome.

I'm about due another playthrough - or rather trying to get some trophies and different endings.

I had high hopes for LA Noir.
    Although it is atmospheric and it looks lovely, I'm finding it rather tedious.
    Drive to a location, look at some clues, ask some questions, drive to next location...
    Shame really.

13. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

Heavy Rain is a stunning game. I don't recommend playing it more than once though, lest you wish to unravel the plot (there are many holes!)

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  14. Haze

Haze Nibble Poster

Fully agree about LA Noire

Certifications: MCSA (Windows 7), MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Windows 7), MCTS: Windows 7 & Office 2010 Deployment, Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence, Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles, Advanced Level Apprenticeship for IT Professionals
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012