HDI Helpdesk Manager cert???

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guys/Gals,

Following on from the ITIL v3, I was wondering if anyone here has done this cert: HDI Helpdesk Manager's certification (still available via Vue) or the HDI Service desk Manager's certification (this one seems to be the newer version?)?

Have you done it? Did you find it useful for career promotion/improvement?

While I'm considering it for the future, as I'm currently studying for the Windows 2008 certs at the minute, I'm currently devising my future CPD (continuing professional development) plan :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I was recently sent on a three day fast track course for helpdesk analyst HDI and found it quite useful. It was both customer focused as well as a bit of techical aspect covered very evenly.

I would suppose the managerial course for HDI would be useful very much like ITIL level foundation and intermediate if applicable. Apparently, HDI is a hot course in Asia and company's putting their staff through the helpdesk and helpdesk managerial course.

I was also given a free pometric voucher to sit for the exam of which I still haven't got round to doing as am concentrating on the MS 70-291 exam. Well lets know how you get on if and when you can get round to going for this course and or exam. Best wishes:) and finally where do you've the time and effort to sit and study for these certs and courses with family life etc? :)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Kitkatninja

If I do go for this, I won't be attending the course (trying to get our courses paid for at work, is like trying to get blood out of a stone) - I'll be self-studying. There are recommended books if you're going to take the self-study route, like this one. And apparently the ITIL course/material is also a recommend prerequisite (or supporting course) for the Helpdesk manager/service desk manager's cert.

It's difficult finding the time, however I'll be finishing teaching in the evenings soon (in July I think) after I teach the 70-620 course. I know I shouldn't be doing to much, but I'm trying to progress my career faster than "normal" so that my family (all 3 of us) can have a better quality of life :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done Ken, and yep! that's the way to go so just keep at it. Best wishes and I wish you well:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Kitkatninja

Thanks mate :)

-ken