1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Havn't got a clue

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Paul Timms, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Paul Timms

Paul Timms New Member

Hi all , i am just starting a master website manager course and need 2 purchase server 2003.Could anyone please tell me what edition i need as when i put in a search 4 it i am over whelmed wiv all the results and can't work out what it is i need exactly.....

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

If this is a course, doesn't the course provider tell you the details you need to know?

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

if its for just website design you will be better off getting the web edition of 2003. no licencing kerfuffle with that.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. Paul Timms

Paul Timms New Member

Hi Harry , i have been waiting 4 someone 2 get back 2 me about it over the weekend .
    I've just been getting a little anxious.

Thx Paul

7. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Surely you just need IIS which means a pro version of windows, it does not mean you necesarilly need Windows Server 2003. Also I'd expect Linux and Apache to be a major aspect of the course so again Windows Server 2003 might not be such a big issue.

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  8. Paul Timms

Paul Timms New Member

Thanks everyone 4 your help,i did manage 2 contact a course tutor and was told that i will recieve all the info i need in modules as i progress through the course.
    Like i said to harry its just me being a little anxious.I don't suppose this will be the last u will b hearing from me, being a newbie like i am .So please bear wiv me.
    Thx Paul

9. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

No problems with that. Trying to be prepared in advance is a good thing.

A minor point. On here we tend not to use 'txtspeak', so using normal English will get you extra points!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  10. Paul Timms

Paul Timms New Member

Thanks Harry
    Normal english it is , Points aswell as everything else is something i tend to be lacking in.
    Paul